Sunday, February 06, 2005

I didn't think it was possible, but this both sucks and blows

That's my MSN name at the moment. I can't really remember why I changed it to that, but it was particularly applicable to my latest MSN conversation.

For some reason this guy called Omar added me to his contact list. I puzzled for several minutes at who this person could possibly be before I remembered a friend of Soph's who we stayed with in Malaga when we were travelling through Spain. That made a bit of sense, although it was somewhat odd that he would only have obtained my address now, almost exactly a year after we stayed with him, and had suddenly decided to contact me.

He came online today so I said hello. He asked if I was Elena. I said no, and told him who I was. I asked if he was from Malaga and he said no, he was from El Salvador. He then descended into some long Spanish phrases of which I understood very little. I asked how the hell he had gotten my email address if I didn't actually know him. He wrote a mostly incomprehensible phrase in a mixture of Spanish and English. The gist was that he had gotten my email by mistake. Mistifying. My address is not something easily stumbled upon, especially when looking for a girl called Elena. Bizarre.

But he continued speaking to me, so I had to summon my pidgin Spanish and use on online translator in an attempt to keep up. It was pretty much useless. The moral of the story is: me Espanol es muy craptacularo. YAY!

I really have to go work on that script. My procratination level has reached epic proportions. Go me!!

A bientot.

-N

by Nome at 1:51 PM
2 mews

    Welcome. This is the humble chronicle of my life & my thoughts on the world as I see it. If you know me in real life and want to keep my trust, PLEASE ASK BEFORE READING! I'm not accountable to you or to anyone else for what I say in these pages. Comments are much appreciated, but but insults and personal attacks will not be tolerated. Please respect privacy and anonymity - nicknames or pseudonyms only. This is my space to be an adult - kids should go elsewhere. Thanks, and enjoy.

    About The Nome
    A NOT VERY SUBTLE WISHLIST
    Nome is where the heart is
    I Will Not Be Silenced


Archives

Other Witty And Wonderful Creations



    referer referrer referers referrers http_referer

Misc.