Monday, June 13, 2005

it's a mad world

I know that I live in an irritating world when Michael Jackson can get acquitted of his child molestation charges and people everywhere are celebrating this fact. Go ahead, defend him. I'll be in the corner over there, quietly puking my guts out.

Some contenders for songs to do at the open-mike next week:

1) Fiona Apple - Shadowboxer. Good song, and I can hit all the notes. That's always a plus.

2) Sarah McLachlan - Fallen, or World on Fire, basically anything provided it's not a terribly overplayed song that everyone loves which I will proceed to slaughter.

3) Katy Rose - Overdrive. For absolutely no reason other than that it is a damn satisfying song to sing along to.

4) Jeff Buckley - Lilac Wine. But now I'm thinking it's a bit too mooney.

God, I don't know. I don't even know why I'm trying to do this when all the recent events in my life have basically reduced my self-esteem to the dismal level it was at when I was about 14 years old. It's not a good time for me to be trying new and potentially disastrous things. I certainly don't want to pull an American Idol and just blow it big-time.

I am so self-deprecating. I keep waiting for that great inner voice of mine to pipe up and say "I love you. Everything will be alright. You can do it," and assorted cliches. But that voice has been alarmingly silent lately.

All I know is that singing songs, especially sad ones, makes me feel better.

I'll go download some piano versions of 'Shadowboxer' now. Why the hell not?

-N

by Nome at 11:54 PM
3 mews

    Welcome. This is the humble chronicle of my life & my thoughts on the world as I see it. If you know me in real life and want to keep my trust, PLEASE ASK BEFORE READING! I'm not accountable to you or to anyone else for what I say in these pages. Comments are much appreciated, but but insults and personal attacks will not be tolerated. Please respect privacy and anonymity - nicknames or pseudonyms only. This is my space to be an adult - kids should go elsewhere. Thanks, and enjoy.

    About The Nome
    A NOT VERY SUBTLE WISHLIST
    Nome is where the heart is
    I Will Not Be Silenced


Archives

Other Witty And Wonderful Creations



    referer referrer referers referrers http_referer

Misc.