Sunday, February 13, 2005

disclaimer

Just read a funny paragraph on the Pro-X site. I guess it's not so much funny as it is extremely well-put. It's from a section telling people how to send in skills tapes to try out for Pro Level:

"Safety first. Please do not perform skills in unsafe environments. Your only limitations are your physical ability and training. All cheer skills are inherently dangerous and potentially deadly and, therefore, should not be attempted without proper training and safety measures. Without a doubt, you will injure yourself to some degree if you choose to participate in this sport. Cheer is like skateboarding, freestyle motocross, or any other extreme sport -- the skills performed involve a significant degree of danger and potential for injury. No one ever said doing a backflip on a skateboard or motorcycle was smart or safe. Neither is doing a rewind awesome or a triple full. All skills are performed at your own risk." (my emphasis)

I think that's a nice way to put it. Especially the part about it being neither smart nor safe.

By the way, here is the team I plan to try out for in March. I think it may be time to hit the gyme again. I have been ridiculously lazy as of late. I know two of the girls on the team already from stunting club, and another one is on the All-Star team that just came back from Vegas. Other than that, I am pretty much jumping into it on my own.

Time to go attack Oliver who has buried himself underneath the blankets on my bed.

Adios.

-N

by Nome at 12:03 PM
1 mews

    Welcome. This is the humble chronicle of my life & my thoughts on the world as I see it. If you know me in real life and want to keep my trust, PLEASE ASK BEFORE READING! I'm not accountable to you or to anyone else for what I say in these pages. Comments are much appreciated, but but insults and personal attacks will not be tolerated. Please respect privacy and anonymity - nicknames or pseudonyms only. This is my space to be an adult - kids should go elsewhere. Thanks, and enjoy.

    About The Nome
    A NOT VERY SUBTLE WISHLIST
    Nome is where the heart is
    I Will Not Be Silenced


Archives

Other Witty And Wonderful Creations



    referer referrer referers referrers http_referer

Misc.