Monday, February 14, 2005

Valentine's Day would have been great, IF

I hadn't gotten FOOD POISONING at what is supposed to be one of the best restaurants in the city. Salmonella rules. Especially so because I know I got it by not heeding Anthony Bourdain's sage advice about hollandaise sauce (i.e. never eat it), and went and did it anyways. Now I fucking regret it a million motherfucking times over.

It is embarrassing, horrid, really unpleasant, and it put a serious strain on the rest of my day with the Boy. I'll have to write about that later, since I'd like to separate me feeling like crap from a nice day with him, if at all possible.

It's really hard to do anything, particularly attend a Valentine's dinner party with friends and relatives, when you'd really like to be doubled over in pain, moaning about the terrible injustice of it all.

I think to myself, whilst laboriously rehydrating (I never thought that drinking WATER could be such an unpleasant experience) that this kind of shit SHOULD have happened any of the millions of times I have eaten at dodgy Vietnamese noodle places in Chinatown, cheap sushi restaurants, foul-smelling, greasy little takeout caravans in the Czech Republic, seedy donair shops in Istanbul, and beachside seafood shacks in Spain, because then I would have been like WELL, IT FIGURES, YOU FUCKING MORON!

Instead, I am particularly bitter at being poisoned by a fancy French restaurant that I only ever go to on the rare (read: maybe twice a year) occasions that the Boy decides to take me out somewhere really nice. I almost expect food poisoning from dodgy little joints. But not from a four-star restaurant in one of the most upscale neighbourhoods in the city. Fuck that. Fuck the whole experience.

I'm afraid that there's really not much else I can say without descending into a neverending string of expletives.

So I will crawl into bed with my Mashimoro pyjamas on, and hope to hell that this feeling of impending death will subside. Soon! Cause I have stuff to do.

Fucking craptacular.

The only thing that makes this bearable is knowing that if it doesn't kill me, it will eventually go away.

Whoohoo!

-N

by Nome at 11:33 PM
1 mews

    Welcome. This is the humble chronicle of my life & my thoughts on the world as I see it. If you know me in real life and want to keep my trust, PLEASE ASK BEFORE READING! I'm not accountable to you or to anyone else for what I say in these pages. Comments are much appreciated, but but insults and personal attacks will not be tolerated. Please respect privacy and anonymity - nicknames or pseudonyms only. This is my space to be an adult - kids should go elsewhere. Thanks, and enjoy.

    About The Nome
    A NOT VERY SUBTLE WISHLIST
    Nome is where the heart is
    I Will Not Be Silenced


Archives

Other Witty And Wonderful Creations



    referer referrer referers referrers http_referer

Misc.