Thursday, July 14, 2005

women are complicated

Here the lights fall just as hard
a bit softer in the stall
it's not really wrong it's not really right
I'm wide awake
she's upfront upshot upstart
up in every case
the kind of girl that whispers: thank God for you
oh yeah all you got is me
All you need is me
her confusion is in the night that I stumbled
it's in the morning that I that I struggled
because I start to forget but she will always remember
the kind of girl who laughs and says
get up off your knees...
-Tegan & Sara - All You Got

I always loved this song. There's something amazingly powerful about it, and now I understand exactly what that is.

I'm leaving to go to the Beck concert in a half hour (which is BEYOND exciting!), so I just wanted to add a quick few paragraphs to what I said last night.

Kylie is not perfect. She has a past, and she has issues - as do I. I just want to find a way for her to understand that I have no desire to take from her, only to give. She's had her heart stomped on more than a few times, and all I want to do is glue it back together for her. But I am a bit afraid of breaking my own in the process.

Kylie is like me. She's a giver, not a taker. She's a lover, not a fighter. But she will fight me if I come on too strong, and so I have to restrain myself in a big way.

Frankly, I have no idea what I'm doing here. Guys are simple. They want to know that you believe in them, and they want beer and pizza and sports. Sure, they have nuances, but not like women have nuances. Given the choice between talking, and making out with you, guys will always pick the second option. Or at least I have yet to meet a guy who picks the former.

Kylie, however, is a different story. She is beautiful and sublime, but she's also complicated.

I don't know yet.

Early days can be just as scary as they are wonderful.

But what is truly wonderful is that in a few minutes I will be gazing star-struckedly at one of the most brilliant songwriters and one of the most talented musicians on the planet.

Life is good.

In fact, life is fucking great.

-N

by Nome at 6:56 PM
4 mews

    Welcome. This is the humble chronicle of my life & my thoughts on the world as I see it. If you know me in real life and want to keep my trust, PLEASE ASK BEFORE READING! I'm not accountable to you or to anyone else for what I say in these pages. Comments are much appreciated, but but insults and personal attacks will not be tolerated. Please respect privacy and anonymity - nicknames or pseudonyms only. This is my space to be an adult - kids should go elsewhere. Thanks, and enjoy.

    About The Nome
    A NOT VERY SUBTLE WISHLIST
    Nome is where the heart is
    I Will Not Be Silenced


Archives

Other Witty And Wonderful Creations



    referer referrer referers referrers http_referer

Misc.