Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I mostly love the UK for their Wank-a-Thons

Why do I think this is so awesome?

Cheers to everyone's favourite Cynical Queer for the link. I don't think the Guardian could have classed up that article anymore. It is 150%, and possibly even 200% classy.

More people MUST have questions for me! No one has asked me anything even remotely provocative or racy yet, and that's just unacceptable. Please, for God's sake, PRY! Otherwise no one's having any fun, myself included. If you've already submitted three questions, there's always time for round 2.

I'm always up for a second round.

Ahem.

I had lunch with Elmada today. We went for some fab seafood at the Sandbar. I told Hayley I was going to have lunch with a random guy from the internet and she gave me her I-Am-Now-Being-Openminded-And-You-Can-Do-Whatever-You-Want face. As did my mother. The phrase "He is very, very gay" seemed to reassure both of them. Anyone remember Mean Girls? I loved the fact that one of the girls was called Janis Ian like the incredibly dykey (and great) folk singer, and she refers to her friend Damian throughout the film as "almost too gay to function." This is my new favourite phrase.

Anyway, it was a very nice lunch. He's a very worldly fellow, and entirely witty and charming. He's also a lot less shy than he seems on his blog. And like me, he takes pictures of stupid signage and pays attention to other people's bad grammar. Oh yay. Another editor, how I love them. Maybe I should be an editor....Elmada, hook me up!

That and like me, his gaydar is tuned in 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Sometimes I wish I could turn it off. But that would make my life a lot less fun.

Gotta go.

-N

p.s. The Icon Grill is in Seattle. And no, I didn't go inside. Their dress code was too restrictive.

by Nome at 3:44 PM
9 mews

    Welcome. This is the humble chronicle of my life & my thoughts on the world as I see it. If you know me in real life and want to keep my trust, PLEASE ASK BEFORE READING! I'm not accountable to you or to anyone else for what I say in these pages. Comments are much appreciated, but but insults and personal attacks will not be tolerated. Please respect privacy and anonymity - nicknames or pseudonyms only. This is my space to be an adult - kids should go elsewhere. Thanks, and enjoy.

    About The Nome
    A NOT VERY SUBTLE WISHLIST
    Nome is where the heart is
    I Will Not Be Silenced


Archives

Other Witty And Wonderful Creations



    referer referrer referers referrers http_referer

Misc.