Tuesday, January 25, 2005

foiled again!

Cool. Check this out! (sarcasm painfully obvious in person fails to translate into blog language. Sorry)

I got this email from the other coach today:
Hi______(ME),


Unfortunately, _______(other, more clueless coach)
didn't fully read your email and didn't realize
that you were only here for this term. We are only
recruiting those who will be potentially be on the
team next year.

You are welcome to come out and see us but we cannot
take you onto the team because there really is no
position for you as we only have 3 games left,
2 being this weekend, and we won't
be doing any demos or competitions.
We are only skill building for next year.
It wouldn't make
sense to train you when you won't be able to come
back next year.

We thank you for your interest and hope
that you will come out
so [sic] see us at the games
this weekend.

Sincerely,

_________
Coach, UBC Cheer (slightly less clueless coach)

Well, I guess that's it. If I had high blood pressure I'd probably be in trouble right now. As it is, all these ups and downs have left me feeling pretty nauseated.

I especially like the lack of "sorry," "we regret to inform you," "we didn't mean to get your hopes up," "I apologize for the misunderstanding," or any other somewhat reassuring, or at the very least polite phrase.

Oh well. I will pick myself up and dust myself off and all that.

Another thing -- to the people who haven't been reading my blog from the very beginning: did you start your reading with the latest entry or did you go back and read the whole thing? Just wondering.

Not much else to say at the moment.

Um...yeah.

-N

by Nome at 11:17 PM
4 mews

    Welcome. This is the humble chronicle of my life & my thoughts on the world as I see it. If you know me in real life and want to keep my trust, PLEASE ASK BEFORE READING! I'm not accountable to you or to anyone else for what I say in these pages. Comments are much appreciated, but but insults and personal attacks will not be tolerated. Please respect privacy and anonymity - nicknames or pseudonyms only. This is my space to be an adult - kids should go elsewhere. Thanks, and enjoy.

    About The Nome
    A NOT VERY SUBTLE WISHLIST
    Nome is where the heart is
    I Will Not Be Silenced


Archives

Other Witty And Wonderful Creations



    referer referrer referers referrers http_referer

Misc.