Thursday, April 21, 2005

I sometimes wonder...

if there are any other twenty-something, relatively clean-cut women without any drug addictions who spend their mornings singing along to Nirvana at the top of their lungs because no one else is home, and humming along to lines like:

I wish I was like you
Easily amused
Find my nest of salt
Everything's my fault
I’ll take all the blame
Aqua seafoam shame
Sunburn with freezerburn
Choking on the ashes of her enemy
All in all we all are

And...

Load up on guns and
Bring your friends
It's fun to lose
And to pretend
She's over bored
And self assured
Oh no, I know
A dirty word

I also wonder how many of the people who read this blog can identify those songs without looking up the rest of the lyrics. Not a contest, just curiosity.

I sometimes like to think that if Kurt Cobain had not died in 1994 and I had met him at a party sometime last year, we would have hung out. I like to think we would have talked about what the hell he meant by 'Aqua seafoam shame' and had intimate conversations in the quiet corners of a big room. Then again, he might just have been the weird kid doing a lot of drugs in the bathroom and I would have once again enacted my hard-earned policy of steering clear of handsome, drug-addled young men.

They never believe I listen to Nirvana in the mornings anyway.

Gotta get to the gyme.

-N

by Nome at 11:33 AM
3 mews

    Welcome. This is the humble chronicle of my life & my thoughts on the world as I see it. If you know me in real life and want to keep my trust, PLEASE ASK BEFORE READING! I'm not accountable to you or to anyone else for what I say in these pages. Comments are much appreciated, but but insults and personal attacks will not be tolerated. Please respect privacy and anonymity - nicknames or pseudonyms only. This is my space to be an adult - kids should go elsewhere. Thanks, and enjoy.

    About The Nome
    A NOT VERY SUBTLE WISHLIST
    Nome is where the heart is
    I Will Not Be Silenced


Archives

Other Witty And Wonderful Creations



    referer referrer referers referrers http_referer

Misc.