Sunday, May 01, 2005

yet another silly list

I trust you all will tell me exactly when this kind of thing gets too irritating for you to bear. I then may or may not take your sage advice and stop posting shit like this.

I don't even think I need to explain that I got this from JaG. The reasons why I'm getting everything cool from JaG at the moment are as follows:

a) JaG is cool
b) I'm reading through her archives from the beginning and have found a lot of cool stuff in the process.
c) we have just enough in common for me to want to use some of the stuff she posts.
d) she seems to like listing things and answering questions like I do.
e) JaG is awesome and I can think of few other people I'd want to borrow stuff from.

So without further ado:

1. What time did you get up this morning?

Morning? What is this "MORNING" you speak of? I am unfamiliar with the concept. I woke up temporarily in the middle of the night to say goodbye to the Boy (the clock read 9:00 am or some such insanity), but when I got up for good my clock informed me it was 12:14 pm. And then I only got up because my mother called me and I was reminded of what a lazy slob I am.

2. Diamonds or pearls?
Pearls remind me of Texas-style trophy brides and what's so impressive about a diamond except for mining? Give me a blue topaz instead. Hell, give me any old piece of rock, as long as it means something.

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
Oldboy. Very fucked-up, Freudian-to-the-extreme Korean film. But it had some beautiful cinematography and a few neat ideas.
Oh wait, that's a lie. I saw a bunch of student films on Friday night with April. They were all pretty good. Only one of them was really pretentious, and that's pretty impressive for a student film festival.

4. What is your favorite TV show?
CSI.

5. What did you have for breakfast?

A mango popsicle. For real.

6. What is your middle name?
Fuck no. I hate it. Some massively pretentious shit my mother and a bunch of scheming relatives are responsible for. Apparently the name means "the free one," which would be pretty sweet if the name itself weren't so damn ugly. No one can pronounce it either.

7. What is your favorite cuisine?

Anything Asian. You are my best friend if you take me out for sushi, Chinese food, or Thai.

8. What foods do you dislike?
I'm starting to think asparagus is kind of a bad idea. And the way my dad cooks broccoli (boiled, no seasoning of any kind) is enough to give me nightmares.

9. What are your favorite potato chips?
Thunder Crunch Jalapeno. As far as I know they don't make them anymore. I loved these chips so much as a kid that one of my theatre teachers wrote them into our play's script (!) so that I could eat them onstage. She was correct in assuming my performance would be more enthusiastic this way.

10. What is your favorite CD at the moment?
Morcheeba -- Charango

11. What kind of car do you drive?
A forty foot limo (the Boy's phrase) driven by a surly, usually male driver in a blue shirt and navy shorts.

12. Favorite sandwich?
Roasted chicken from Subway.

13. What characteristics do you despise?
Machismo, egotism, possessiveness, dishonesty, duplicity, and selfishness.

14. Favorite item of clothing.

I'm really, really into my pink sleeveless shirt with ruffles. I usually never wear anything that's both ruffled and pink, but for some reason this shirt is dynamite. It's just about the only thing I own that looks really girly but always makes me feel good.

15. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go?
Hawaii.

16. What color is your bathroom?
Buttery yellow (I actually had to go and check. I never notice these things).

17. Favorite brand of clothing?
Don't give a damn about brand names, as long as it looks good.

18. Where would you retire to?
A little coastal town in France.

19. Favorite time of day?
Evening. I actually enjoy the early morning too, but I barely remember what it looks like anymore since I have such a hard time getting up to see it.

20. Where were you born?
In a hospital about 5 km away from where I'm sitting right now. On the west coast of Canadia.

21. Favorite sport to watch?

Gymnastics and cheerleading.

22. Person you least expect to send this back to you?
Anyone.

23. Person you expect to send it back first?
No one.

24. What fabric detergent do you use?
It varies, though I rather enjoy liquid Tide.

25. Coke or Pepsi?
Coke, though it is evil and has too much sugar. I only tend to drink it when at crap bars with rather a lot of rum in it or as a post-examatory celebration.

26. Are you a morning person or night owl?
HAHAHAHAHA! Need I even point out that I stay awake until 4:00 am? Night owl doesn't even cover it.

27. What is your shoe size?

9. In Europe I believe that qualified as about 39-40, but I can't remember.

28. Do you have pets?
Chazzie and Verrie. I miss them! They've been out of town since Wednesday. Yes, my cats go out of town.

29. Any exciting news you'd like to share with your family and friends?
Not at the moment. This is just about as boring as it gets.

30. What did you want to be when you were little?
Really little? An actress, an elite gymnast (very briefly!), a teacher, a vet, or a writer.

The Boy had to leave early this morning but couldn't get out of bed because of his "naked and comfortable girlfriend." I wonder who he was talking about.

I am also a really bad friend because Dag called me, probably to ask my advice about a huge meeting she was supposed to have with someone important this afternoon, and I failed to answer my fucking phone. Sorry! I am fully lame.

-N

by Nome at 6:29 PM
3 mews

    Welcome. This is the humble chronicle of my life & my thoughts on the world as I see it. If you know me in real life and want to keep my trust, PLEASE ASK BEFORE READING! I'm not accountable to you or to anyone else for what I say in these pages. Comments are much appreciated, but but insults and personal attacks will not be tolerated. Please respect privacy and anonymity - nicknames or pseudonyms only. This is my space to be an adult - kids should go elsewhere. Thanks, and enjoy.

    About The Nome
    A NOT VERY SUBTLE WISHLIST
    Nome is where the heart is
    I Will Not Be Silenced


Archives

Other Witty And Wonderful Creations



    referer referrer referers referrers http_referer

Misc.