Saturday, April 30, 2005

a rant

Wrote this in Switzerland, about my total fool of a roommate.

The other thing he liked to do, which I had totally forgotten about, was stick a mirror out his window so he could see into my room. Gross.

Anyway, here it is:

2004-05-26 - 11:03 p.m.

Greetings fellow mortals.

I have once again been seized with that old familiar feeling of lethargy -- the feeling which compels me to leave dishes in the sink for several days at a time -- only this time my roommate Jo had the same feeling and the result was a kitchen castle of dirty dishes, pots and pans, cookie sheets, and once-edible matter in various stages of decay. Unfortunately my other roommate Gabi (of Romanian notoriety) decided it would be a good idea to do our dishes for us in a bitter, passive-agressive rage (which he really didn't have to do since I was planning on doing them when I came home anyway), then proceeded to put up a sign in very sarcastic French which roughly translated read: "For those of you who are unable to understand the meaning of communal living, dishes are to be washed after each meal." This of course, is incredibly hypocritical of him since he's perpetually leaving shit around, including dishes, plus he leaves half-eaten food uncovered on plates in the fridge (which is just nasty), and he's always using Dag's sandwich maker whenever she leaves it at my place and despite the fact that he knows that it's not even mine, he NEVER cleans it after he uses it!

Em came into the kitchen as I was dutifully washing my dinner dishes (I waited an hour after just to spite him...admittedly I'm not very good at being a bitch), and she read the sign, asked me if I had written it and I said of course I hadn't (he probably thought that he was being anonymous by typing the thing, but only him and I have printers and both Em and Jo know that I would never write something as self-righteous as that!). She announced that everyone had probably read it by now and proceeded to enthusiastically tear it off the wall and put it in the trash, a surprisingly definitive and bold action for such a sensitive and timid girl. I asked her why she was so determined that it come down, and she detailed me Gabi's history of sending extremely cruel notes and emails to his roommates, rather than walking the two meters to their doors to say it to their faces. She said after she made a few polite requests for him to please keep the noise down at night, he sent her AN EMAIL telling her she was crazy and should be put in the nut-house and that no one would ever want to live with her because she was insane. She said it made her cry for two days, and I can't say I blame her. She said he did the same thing to another girl when she asked him if he could please keep the common area a bit cleaner (now there's a nice piece of irony for ya!).

I was a bit disgusted, and I think I'm going to keep my distance from him from now on, despite Em's claims that "he's really a nice person, deep-down!" I'm not so sure about that. Passive-agressive people are the worst kind, cause you never know when they'll snap.

I still believe that. Open rage is much better to deal with than repressed psychosis. I am SO glad that guy isn't living next door to me anymore!

-N

by Nome at 4:15 PM
0 mews

    Welcome. This is the humble chronicle of my life & my thoughts on the world as I see it. If you know me in real life and want to keep my trust, PLEASE ASK BEFORE READING! I'm not accountable to you or to anyone else for what I say in these pages. Comments are much appreciated, but but insults and personal attacks will not be tolerated. Please respect privacy and anonymity - nicknames or pseudonyms only. This is my space to be an adult - kids should go elsewhere. Thanks, and enjoy.

    About The Nome
    A NOT VERY SUBTLE WISHLIST
    Nome is where the heart is
    I Will Not Be Silenced


Archives

Other Witty And Wonderful Creations



    referer referrer referers referrers http_referer

Misc.