Saturday, August 26, 2006

8 Inane Factoids

Wind tagged me for some memerific little taskoid, so here's the deal:

Once you have been tagged, you have to write a post with 8 facts/things/habits about yourself and say who tagged you. In the end, you will need to choose the 6 people you tag and list their names. No tag backs.

Aw, no tag backs. Sounds like elementary school recess. Good times.

Okay, here's my listy. I'm hoping there's stuff in here that you don't actually know about me already:

1) After years of being pretty confident that threesomes were messy, complicated, and silly ventures, the idea of having one with a guy and another girl now really appeals to me, to the point where if someone were to give me an offer and they were nice, sane, and attractive individuals, I'd probably take them up on it -- just for kicks. I figure the best person to be is the guest star.

2) I am constantly baffled and irritated by the fact that so many people who pursue alternative and highly restrictive diets like veganism, vegetarianism, dairy-free, soy-free, gluten-free, sugar-free, and organic-only, want me to be highly tolerant of their lifestyle choices and eating habits but are only rarely even remotely tolerant of mine. I am actually really tolerant nonetheless and am capable of remembering a baffling array of food preferences, even the ones which have nothing to do with allergies, religious practices, intolerances, or moral convictions.

It actually really disturbs me that there are people in this world who think I'm a barbarian for eating meat in moderation, pouring milk on my cereal, putting honey in my tea, and not always eating organic vegetables simply because I can't afford it. And I'm always perplexed that people who pursue animal-free diets think that by opting out of the system entirely they can ever hope to improve the way animals raised for human consumption are treated and killed.

3) I can count on one hand the number of times I've been with someone who's wanted to have sex with me when I haven't wanted to.

4) No matter how broke I am, you will never see me resist an opportunity to buy someone I like or care about a birthday/Christmas/housewarming/Valentine's/just for the hell of it present that I think they'd really like.

5) To the best of my knowledge, all of the relatives on my mother's side of the family (this is about 40-50 people in total) have absolutely no idea that I am attracted to and have dated girls. I haven't told them because I dread the following consequences:
a) total ostracism
b) extreme condescension
c) the phrase "we're praying for you."
d) frequent admonishments to accompany various family members to various Baptist and fundamentalist places of Christian worship.
e) The inevitable desire of people I genuinely love and respect to keep me from seeing and spending time with their children.
f) genuine and desperate attempts to convert me, change me, or make me feel like my entire life is somehow sinful and wrong.

6) I am by nature quite freaked out by crowds and groups of strangers, and am constantly fighting my desire to be a wallflower. Most of the time these days my sociability wins out and I participate in life rather than constantly wishing I was a fly on the wall.

7) The three things I'd like more of in my life are: sex, love, and motivation.

8) If I had unlimited funds or even several thousand dollars in disposable income I would buy plane tickets to the exotic regions in which my favourite blogger friends reside, including in no particular order: Holland, Norway, South Africa, Ireland, New York, France, Northeast Ohio, Germany, Australia, and wherever the hell else in the US and Canada everybody else lives.

And now to tag peoples. I tag:

1) Curlz, cause I know almost nothing about her and am dying to know more.
2) Jag because I wonder what about her I don't already know.
3) both of the Incredibly Adventurous Girls because they're adorable and I'd still read them if they wrote about watching pain dry.
4) The Cynical Queer because he's just like Charlie in The Perks of Being a Wallflower and I wish he'd make me a mixed tape if people still did things like that for each other.
5) Dana and Korbin (they count as 1 tag just because they're insanely cute together) since I never hear from them and I'm worried they don't like me, and that makes me want to play a very sad song on a very small and invisible violin. : (
6) Mrs. Loquacious because she writes like an angel.

Again, too fucking long. But please do this if I tagged you, because in some small and peculiar way it will bring a little joy into my little cyber-life.

Must. Seek. Fresh. Air.

-N

by Nome at 2:53 PM
14 mews

    Welcome. This is the humble chronicle of my life & my thoughts on the world as I see it. If you know me in real life and want to keep my trust, PLEASE ASK BEFORE READING! I'm not accountable to you or to anyone else for what I say in these pages. Comments are much appreciated, but but insults and personal attacks will not be tolerated. Please respect privacy and anonymity - nicknames or pseudonyms only. This is my space to be an adult - kids should go elsewhere. Thanks, and enjoy.

    About The Nome
    A NOT VERY SUBTLE WISHLIST
    Nome is where the heart is
    I Will Not Be Silenced


Archives

Other Witty And Wonderful Creations



    referer referrer referers referrers http_referer

Misc.