Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The letter I will never ever mail

Dear Hayley,

Since I double-goodbyed-you several Saturdays ago when I retrieved my sunglasses from your bedroom I have realised the following things:

1) I left a bottle of vodka in your freezer. Smirnoff. Cheap shit from the liquor store where they always ask me for two pieces of ID. You can drink it all, and I hope it soothes those raging alcoholic genes of yours .

2) Moths are really very pretty even though I know you think they're gross. They don't buzz like flies, or whine like mosquitos, or bite, or burrow into your skin, or smell bad, and they're not slimy or mean-spirited. And dragonflies are beautiful, not gross, and I almost want to tattoo one on myself just to spite you.

3) I think it's beyond dumb that you're afraid of aliens.

4) Thanks for the heads-up on a street corner in the middle of the night. It helped me not at all.

5) The ambulance still comes if you drink an entire bottle clearly labelled POISON. Thus your poor warnings scarcely justify your indifference to my subsequent cardiac arrest.

6) Thanks for the mixed messages. Mix this: One part FUCK YOU + Two parts HAVE A NICE LIFE + A dash of bitters = A cocktail to break up for.

7) Heartache, pain, and grief will henceforth no longer be acceptable reasons for treating other people like shit.

8) When I told you you were dumb on the Skytrain I meant it.

9) Trees are even prettier when filtered through tears. Especially when they're waving in the warm August breeze and you are far far away and cannot hurt me anymore.

10) I'm so much tougher than you and I don't need to shave my head to prove it.

11) I am better off without you, but you will never be better off without me.

Love and bloody little heart bits,

N

[And this is the part where you all realise that I too can be terribly mean and unfair]

by Nome at 11:23 PM
7 mews

    Welcome. This is the humble chronicle of my life & my thoughts on the world as I see it. If you know me in real life and want to keep my trust, PLEASE ASK BEFORE READING! I'm not accountable to you or to anyone else for what I say in these pages. Comments are much appreciated, but but insults and personal attacks will not be tolerated. Please respect privacy and anonymity - nicknames or pseudonyms only. This is my space to be an adult - kids should go elsewhere. Thanks, and enjoy.

    About The Nome
    A NOT VERY SUBTLE WISHLIST
    Nome is where the heart is
    I Will Not Be Silenced


Archives

Other Witty And Wonderful Creations



    referer referrer referers referrers http_referer

Misc.