Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Pride Photos, and the Return of the Kylie

So for some reason, everyone's favourite heartbreaker Ms. Kylie is apparently back in my life again. She's called me three times in the past three days, which is practically unheard of for her, and now she wants to bus in from the Suburban Hellhole to come see me today. Wow. When it rains, it pours.

For those of you who weren't following this blog last summer, Kylie is a girl I met last July with whom I went on one spectacular, mind-boggling, sparks-flying first date. But then she started backing away. She lives in a conservative little hotbed of a town an hour outside Vancouver, and she's not out to her parents or pretty much any of her friends. She freaked out about the whole situation, sent me mixed messages for several months, then pretty much disappeared from my life as I descended into six months of depression. Despite the fact that she pretty much broke my heart into a million pieces, I still quite genuinely like this girl. I'm not in love with her anymore, and only time will tell whether that could or should ever be reignited. She's incredibly beautiful, funny, smart as a whip, and knows what she wants from life. Her biggest flaw is that she puts other people's needs ahead of her own, and it's caused her a great deal of pain.

For instance, she's now dating a GUY, even though she's decided she's pretty much only attracted to women, and she's left the whole coming out process on the backburner indefinitely. Needless to say I scolded her in a big way for this behaviour. She can and should make her own decisions, but she's really holding herself back and she knows it.

The good news is that she's moving closer to town in September, and I fully intend to support and encourage her until she forcibly pulls herself out of that deep dark closet and into the fresh air. She's already thinking about breaking up with this poor guy she's with, and really I think that would be much kinder than continuing to string him along.

And I'm posting some photos from Pride because they make me happy.

I had a dream that I was eating a giant hamburger and having coffee with The Girl. I'll have to come up with a pseudonym for her, but only if the date's interesting. It's hard to think of one for her because her real name is just too, too perfect for words.

Oh, and I have a question for you guys about readership. To all of you who actually get more than 40 hits per day, how do you do it?? Got any tips? I'm not trying to win any popularity contest, but like any writer I'd like it if my work were reaching more people.

Rest assured that I am deeply attached to and appreciative of the 40 or so of you who come to this site every day. Your comments really mean a lot to me, so thanks.

Laters,

N



p.s. on the right is a cute lad dressed as Peter Pan, who sprinkled me with fairy dust before the parade started. To the left is a girl dressed as Tinkerbell. Their serendipitous little meeting was one of the most adorable things I'd ever seen.

by Nome at 12:40 PM
6 mews

    Welcome. This is the humble chronicle of my life & my thoughts on the world as I see it. If you know me in real life and want to keep my trust, PLEASE ASK BEFORE READING! I'm not accountable to you or to anyone else for what I say in these pages. Comments are much appreciated, but but insults and personal attacks will not be tolerated. Please respect privacy and anonymity - nicknames or pseudonyms only. This is my space to be an adult - kids should go elsewhere. Thanks, and enjoy.

    About The Nome
    A NOT VERY SUBTLE WISHLIST
    Nome is where the heart is
    I Will Not Be Silenced


Archives

Other Witty And Wonderful Creations



    referer referrer referers referrers http_referer

Misc.