Friday, March 18, 2005

yay for rejection

Okay, so

I didn't get a part in that play

and

I didn't make the team I tried out for.

It's been a full week of delightful rejection for me. Please don't tell me that it's nothing personal, et cetera, because I know that. It doesn't make it any less irritating, and it doesn't make it feel any less like a double failure. A double failure is kind of like eating doublestuff Oreos except failure is not nearly so sweet and chemical-tasting. Instead, it is a hard dose of bitter reality.

I have no job, no real plans for next year, no real foundation to stand on.

Maybe I need to reevaluate my priorities, or at the very least reassess the things I've tried to tell myself I'm good at. I may not be any good at any of them at all.

I could explain exactly why both scenarios were unfair in various ways, but that would just make me sound like a whiner. Instead, I will chalk it up to some kind of fate-like substance.

I go onstage tonight. Fucking scary thought. We are so not ready.

Blech.

-N

by Nome at 12:27 PM
3 mews

    Welcome. This is the humble chronicle of my life & my thoughts on the world as I see it. If you know me in real life and want to keep my trust, PLEASE ASK BEFORE READING! I'm not accountable to you or to anyone else for what I say in these pages. Comments are much appreciated, but but insults and personal attacks will not be tolerated. Please respect privacy and anonymity - nicknames or pseudonyms only. This is my space to be an adult - kids should go elsewhere. Thanks, and enjoy.

    About The Nome
    A NOT VERY SUBTLE WISHLIST
    Nome is where the heart is
    I Will Not Be Silenced


Archives

Other Witty And Wonderful Creations



    referer referrer referers referrers http_referer

Misc.