Thursday, March 10, 2005

comments, trolling, and an open invitation

For those of you who asked, or who wanted to know but didn't ask out of fear of the Wrath of Jarrett, here is the Wikipedia definition of "trolling."

I think that's pretty hilariously far from what I was trying to do with my post, but unfortunately I can do nothing to prevent the...er...creative interpretations of my words.

I am a bit ashamed of the West coast of Canada at the moment. I thought we were more tactful than
this.

Anyway, enough.

I managed to get a bit of sleep last night and pulled off what I think was a pretty respectable presentation this morning. I've been at school since 8:30 am, which is far too early to ever be at school, and while I did score a good breakfast and some intelligent discussion out of the deal, I'm a bit disappointed that Rave and I had to pull off the presentation by ourselves (there were supposed to be four or five of us) because the other guys in the group refused to respond to our emails and didn't even show up to class. I'd make some statement about how men are bastards, but that would be unfair and untrue since I know some truly great ones and I don't want to bring them down with such crass generalizations.

I realised this morning that about 85% of the people I communicate with on here are male. It seems to me that more men run across my blog at random and enjoy it than women in the same position. But it may just be that the men are more vocal and actually comment when they read it, whereas the women read it but don't leave commentary. Actually, I'd be interested to know who reads this blog but never comments on it. Of course, to do that people who don't normally do so would actually have to comment. Go on, don't be shy. *pat pat* (Sorry, I pat everyone on the head. Not condescendingly, but with great affection and respect). I promise that so long as you do not mention the keywords 'George W. Bush,' 'freedom,' 'right-wing,' 'left-wing,' 'Iraq,' 'pacifism,' 'universal health care,' and a few others with political connotations, you won't be attacked by anyone. Oh, and you can say whatever you want (as long as it's polite and not hateful), and I won't attack you. Ever.

I have to be going to class (curses!) and then I will attempt to veg for a few hours before going to tonight's dinner and AIDS benefit.

If anyone is within a few miles of me and wants to lie on the grass in the sunshine with me for a few hours, perhaps with a straw of wheat in their teeth, the invitation is open.

I just can't promise that I won't drift off in the middle.

Don't take it personally, I'm just sleepy.

More to follow.

-N

by Nome at 1:43 PM
0 mews

    Welcome. This is the humble chronicle of my life & my thoughts on the world as I see it. If you know me in real life and want to keep my trust, PLEASE ASK BEFORE READING! I'm not accountable to you or to anyone else for what I say in these pages. Comments are much appreciated, but but insults and personal attacks will not be tolerated. Please respect privacy and anonymity - nicknames or pseudonyms only. This is my space to be an adult - kids should go elsewhere. Thanks, and enjoy.

    About The Nome
    A NOT VERY SUBTLE WISHLIST
    Nome is where the heart is
    I Will Not Be Silenced


Archives

Other Witty And Wonderful Creations



    referer referrer referers referrers http_referer

Misc.