Friday, May 05, 2006

I miss Jag!

So...I left Holland on Wednesday night and am now in a "West England backwater" visiting with my bestest friend since we were fetuses (feti?) and eating fabulous traditional English breakfasts. You'd think that a huge plate of baked beans, fried eggs, sausage, bacon, toast, mushrooms, and fried tomatoes would be revolting at 11:00 am after a night of drinking, but it's actually the greatest thing in the world.

Daisy sent me an email thanking ME for staying with her in Amsterdam. Say what?? I should be on my hands and knees thanking her for having a total stranger and her huge backpack full of stuff in her apartment for four days. God, that girl is amazing. She's definitely getting a package of Canadian goodies when I get home.





In other news, I MISS JAG! It has been years
sin
ce I met anyone as effortlessly honest and kindhearted as she is, and I feel so privileged to count her among the very special people who matter to me in the world. I talked to her on MSN when I was in London yesterday and I asked her what on earth I had done to deserve the wonderful people in my life. She replied, in her beautifully succinct way: "You're you, and that's enough."

I've always wanted to feel accepted the way I felt when I read that.

Thanks, Jag, for everything.
: ) -N

by Nome at 5:29 AM
1 mews

    Welcome. This is the humble chronicle of my life & my thoughts on the world as I see it. If you know me in real life and want to keep my trust, PLEASE ASK BEFORE READING! I'm not accountable to you or to anyone else for what I say in these pages. Comments are much appreciated, but but insults and personal attacks will not be tolerated. Please respect privacy and anonymity - nicknames or pseudonyms only. This is my space to be an adult - kids should go elsewhere. Thanks, and enjoy.

    About The Nome
    A NOT VERY SUBTLE WISHLIST
    Nome is where the heart is
    I Will Not Be Silenced


Archives

Other Witty And Wonderful Creations



    referer referrer referers referrers http_referer

Misc.