Sunday, November 27, 2005

I am here!

Hey kids.

Sorry I haven't written lately. I was housesitting at my aunt's for three weeks and her computer is CRAPTACULAR (which is ironic given that she designed and operates the computer system at the public library) and it kept freezing up before I could actually post anything. Brill-eye-ant.

Apparently, the Christmas season is upon us. Christmas + retail employment + North American society = absolute fucking hell on earth. I hate people. Not all people. Just people who do Christmas shopping. Go to Customers Suck.com and perhaps you'll have some idea of what my life is like these days.

I get a lot of customers uttering crap like:

"uh yeah I'm looking for...a blue book, with old pictures in it, I think it was a book of fairy tales...And I need it today."
"do you have a book that will teach my kids not to eat other people's food?"
"A lineup? What is this, Safeway?? Ring my books through right now!"
"Holiday paper! Why don't you just be honest and call it Christmas paper?!"
"I'm looking for a book I read 35 years ago when I was a kid, I think it had the word 'little' in the title, but I'm not sure..."
"I need a book for a 43-year-old German-speaking mute man...I think there may be something wrong with him...and it can't be a children's book..."
"CADENCE! (actual child's name) Come HERE this MINUTE!"
"If you don't put that book down right now you're going to get a smack!"

Fucking awesome. I hate life.

Work has left me so exhausted (and it's not even December!) that I haven't had much time for anything else. I've hung out with Heidi a few times, but things between us are still alarmingly platonic and I have absolutely no clue if she likes me at all.

I miss the Boy a lot lately. He's in town for like two days so I'm meeting him for dinner. I'm a bit anxious. Wish I had my proverbial ducks in a row.

I also wish that I wasn't always too tired to do anything interesting with my time. I feel generally burned out from life. New people exhaust me, and the old people are all gone.

I joined Myspace. I'm pretty sure that website is about as pointless as it gets.

Why do I feel most of the time like we're all just disconnected bodies floating around in a giant fish tank? It would be cool if someone were to notice my existence, but everyone is too busy with their own inane crap to care about me. I guess I'm just moody because I'm tired and overworked, but really I can't help but feel this desperate desire to be important to someone so that I don't feel quite so alone in the world.

I went to Kylie's birthday party on Friday night. I got a ride out to the boonies with a woman I work with, which was good. The party was okay, although the guy who was supposed to give me a ride home "whenever I was ready" didn't want to leave until 1:30, so I didn't get home until 2:30, and I had to work at 10:00 the next morning. That sucked a lot. The guy who drove me home had apparently met Kylie on Craigslist, aka the only place in the world where you can get a free couch AND meet a person to sleep with you on it. I have no fucking idea why she's on Craigslist. I'm trying not to think about it. Who cares, really.

Okay, I'm going to go now cause the Boy will be here any minute.

I'll try and write more when I'm feeling more congenial.

Hopefully that will be sometime before December 26....

-N

by Nome at 6:25 PM
5 mews

    Welcome. This is the humble chronicle of my life & my thoughts on the world as I see it. If you know me in real life and want to keep my trust, PLEASE ASK BEFORE READING! I'm not accountable to you or to anyone else for what I say in these pages. Comments are much appreciated, but but insults and personal attacks will not be tolerated. Please respect privacy and anonymity - nicknames or pseudonyms only. This is my space to be an adult - kids should go elsewhere. Thanks, and enjoy.

    About The Nome
    A NOT VERY SUBTLE WISHLIST
    Nome is where the heart is
    I Will Not Be Silenced


Archives

Other Witty And Wonderful Creations



    referer referrer referers referrers http_referer

Misc.