Tuesday, May 09, 2006

puppies, babies, and....cock

Yes, this really is the Nome with a puppy. For some reason Dag and I ran into two of these fuzzy creatures at a pit stop on our bus ride from Lisbon to Madrid. That's something you don't see on the Greyhound. How ironic.

God, I feel like absolute crap this morning. I can't sleep properly and my throat hurts and I keep coughing and life just generally sucks. I guess it was bound to happen after being in close contact with so many (icky!) strangers over a two month period. But still! I rely on my immune system to be way more hard-core than this.

I just heard from one of my dearest work friends who was pregnant that she had a miscarriage, and no one even thought to tell me about it. Why the hell didn't she tell me, anyway?? Who wants to hear something like that through the grapevine? Not me! Anyway, I'm really sad for her and her husband because they really wanted this baby and they were going to be such fantastic parents. I hope they try again. Is it just me or are way more women having miscarriages these days? My cousin's had three of them while trying for another baby. I don't get it. Maybe it's all the hormones they put in milk and meat, or the fact that just about everyone has a microwave and is constantly nuking food to bits. I dunno, and I hate conspiracy theories. But it distresses me. Anything involving women losing babies makes me really sad.

On a much lighter note, I know that my childhood friend Cait is all grown up now when she hears about her friend having sex with one of their mutual friends and her response is "why aren't I getting any cock??"

Oh, that was priceless.

I'm going to go drown myself in a hot shower now.

-N

by Nome at 5:08 AM
1 mews

    Welcome. This is the humble chronicle of my life & my thoughts on the world as I see it. If you know me in real life and want to keep my trust, PLEASE ASK BEFORE READING! I'm not accountable to you or to anyone else for what I say in these pages. Comments are much appreciated, but but insults and personal attacks will not be tolerated. Please respect privacy and anonymity - nicknames or pseudonyms only. This is my space to be an adult - kids should go elsewhere. Thanks, and enjoy.

    About The Nome
    A NOT VERY SUBTLE WISHLIST
    Nome is where the heart is
    I Will Not Be Silenced


Archives

Other Witty And Wonderful Creations



    referer referrer referers referrers http_referer

Misc.